Advanced LTS dc SQUID sensors, including current sensors, magnetometers, vector magnetometers, planar and axial gradiometers.
STAR Cryoelectronics offers an extensive line of state-of-the-art low-Tc dc SQUID sensors, including instrumentation SQUIDs with input inductances ranging from 100 nH to 2.6 µH, ultra low-noise integrated magnetometers and vector magnetometers, ultra low-noise, long baseline axial and planar gradiometers, SQUID array amplifiers, miniature SQUID susceptometers, Josephson junction arrays and Q-spoiler chips. Standard and custom SQUID packages and niobium shield assemblies with or without connector interfaces are available. Mating cryocables with flexible braided stainless steel shielding or solid stainless steel for 100% rf shielding are available separately.
- LTS SQUIDs with 100 nH to 2.6 µH input inductances
- Instrumentation current-sensing SQUIDs feature dual feedback modes for current-lock or flux-lock operation using standard closed-loop feedback electronics
- Integrated ultra low-noise magnetometers and vector magnetometers
- Axial and planar gradiometers
- Cooled matching circuitry not required using pcSQUID™ readout electronics, enabling operation with as few as four wires (plus two for heater)
- Fabricated using a robust and reliable Nb/Al-AlOx/Nb trilayer Josephson junction technology
STARCryo dc SQUIDs are simple to operate using pcSQUID™, the advanced PC-based SQUID control and readout electronics available from STAR Cryoelectronics. The smooth dc characteristics of the SQUIDs also ensure easy operation using any compatible feedback electronics.
SQUID Selection Guide
Sensor Handling Procedures